Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Back Bay under a bridge...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Back Bay under a bridge...

Post  CaptFrank on 6/29/2012, 2:00 pm

Fished the back last night under a bridge. The spot had been producing a lot of Stripers, but was fairly quiet last night. We arrived with about an hour left in the outgoing tide, and then fished for a few of the incoming. The outgoing, slack, and first hour of the incoming were dead. No action at all. Smart people would've left to find a better spot. But we stuck it out. Once the tide really started to roll in the action improved. Herring appeared and gave me a shot at restocking my bait supplies. I put on a Sabiki rig and proceeded to have a blast loading up a small cooler with great bait. Rich continued to plug the waters and structure. Right about when we were ready to call it quits, Rich hooked up with a fat 24" Striper. Caught it down deep. You'd have thought with all the Herring and Spearring in the water, the Bass would've been all over them. But they weren't. Anyway, Rich hauled it up and released it after a quick photo op. Nice night out there with just enough breeze to keep the bugs at bay. Fun despite the lack of fish early on.
I'm thinking that the high outgoing would be a lot more productive...

Tight Lines!
CaptFrank

Number of posts : 230

http://www.brynnie-binshorefishing.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Back Bay under a bridge...

Post  JeffL on 6/29/2012, 10:09 pm

nice report.. thanks for posting..
JeffL
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 914

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. on 6/30/2012, 12:52 pm

Nice report capt. It's always fun on the darkside.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1649

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top