Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

FYI - Korkers does NOT stand behind products

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FYI - Korkers does NOT stand behind products

Post  SJRhino on 2/23/2012, 2:14 am

Warning to all - Korkers does NOT stand behind their products. I purchased a pair of Streamborn wader boots in Feb 2011 and used the boots for last year's spring and fall Striper run here in New Jersey. After less than a half a year of use and the metal lace eyelets seriously corroded, to the point where the eyelets are sharp and cut through the laces when tightening. The eyelets appeared to be brass when I purchased them – I didn’t think a company that makes products to go under water would use a cheap metal that would quickly rust since that would be… just plain stupid. I rinsed the boots with freshwater after every use. Even the rivets holding the eyelids to the boot are corroded. I really liked the fit and weight of the boots, but this issue has rendered them unusable after only 1 year.

Instead of trashing the company on various fishing websites, I reached out to Korkers this past December to see if the boot had been recall or if the company was offering a fix – especially since they probably knew there is a problem and discontinued the model. I received a response that I should forward pictures of the problem areas and a copy of the receipt and they would then let me know if there was anything they could do. I explained that I keep all of my fishing gear receipts in the same place and have one receipt which the ink on it has disappeared - I purchased the boots at Sportsmen Center and had the same problem with another receipt. Also, I could not provide a credit card statement because the boots were purchased with gift cards from Christmas. I attached pictures of the rusted lace eyelets, which also showed the boots are otherwise in perfect condition.

Every time I sent the email with the requested picture to the email address they provide to me, my email was returned by the company’s email server as undeliverable. I’ve now spent the better part of 3 months trying to get an answer out of the company as to whether or not they will replace the boots with a pair that is designed to last.

I went out of my way not to tarnish the company and I'm not trying to be a jerk, but as a guy who bought LL Bean waders because of the warranty, I appreciate a company that stands behind their products and tries to make things right when there is a problem. I feel 3 months is more than enough time for me to have received an answer from corkers as to whether or not they will replace the boots. It’s now time to go buy a new pair from LL Bean. With Korkers… its buyer beware!

SJRhino

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Re: FYI - Korkers does NOT stand behind products

Post  whitey on 2/23/2012, 11:34 am

good to know .. i have hade a pair of the Korker Sandles that strap on and they just broke in half .. They were great and been through a ton of rock jumpin .. I bet they dont make this style anymore

whitey
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1900

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. on 2/23/2012, 2:45 pm

I lost all faith in Korkers when they came out with the interchangable soles. They had them for 2 years before they changed the design and you couldn't get soles for the first generation boots anymore.
You would think they would have stocked some of the old style soles, but no not them. So if you need new old style soles your screwed.
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1649

Back to top Go down

Post  SJRhino on 2/25/2012, 12:01 am

UPDATE _ As it turns out I may have jumped the gun on the company for not responding. I got a call from Nick at Korkers and they are taking care of me... even sending me a saltwater version that uses version 2 soles, which are the same ones I use now. Nick even apologized that it took so long to get back to me. I'm happy an American company came through as I had hope they would. My bad for trashing them

SJRhino

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top