Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Memorial Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Memorial Day

Post  126andy on 5/27/2011, 10:59 am

Memorial Day will soon be upon us and as we prepare for our parties, barbeques outings to the beaches and whatever plans we have we should stop for a bit and think about what the day is all about.
It's not a just a day where we have a "three-day weekend”, or a time to purchase appliances, mattresses and watch the special auto races and sporting events or to mark the official start of summer. Memorial Day is a special time to honor our war dead. Three million members of our nation that have lost their lives in the defense of America. We should take the time to honor the uniformed men and women we have lost due to conflict throughout the years. Tell your children what the day is all about and if you can make the time take them to a National Cemetery, like Calverton National, to see our fallen heroes. It is a beautiful peaceful place and when you're there you can feel that there's something special going on around you.
I served in the USMC Vietnam and feel that the least I can do for my fallen brothers is stop for a minute and thank them for giving us the freedom to go to our parties, barbeques and sales. I will make the trip to my local National Cemetery to say hi to some old friends and thanks to everyone. Have a Happy Memorial Day!
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Memorial Day

Post  Kevnmary on 5/27/2011, 1:14 pm

I did not serve but I thank you and everyone who did or chooses to do so. It is a noble endeavor and takes a far braver person than I can claim to be.

Happy Memorial Day to you!

Kevnmary

Number of posts : 2417

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel on 5/27/2011, 3:29 pm

USA USA USA

THANKS TO YOU ALL WHO SERVED AND IS SERVING OUR COUNTRY AND TO THOSE WE LOST....GOD BLESS
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5197

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. on 5/27/2011, 7:31 pm

Thank You to all that has served and are serving in our armed forces to keep us safe and free.
May you enjoy this holiday which is for you. I hope you all catch your personal best this weekend
Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1649

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 on 5/27/2011, 10:31 pm

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS AND GODBLESS THE USA USA USA
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Well Said!

Post  dools702 on 6/3/2011, 2:50 pm

I wish I had read this last week. Well said! Welcome home, brother. Semper Fi. Lima, 3/9, '68.

dools702

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top