Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Upper Bay 12 and 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Upper Bay 12 and 13

Post  lagerhelps on 5/14/2011, 10:37 am

Fished upper on the 12th in 3 spots where fish have been caught couldn't buy a bite. Out front of Joes. Shipjohn, 34 and then one more spot.

Now for the story.

Have fun fluking I'll be bassing!! Try to make this a short version but gonna be tough. Got my personal best today 47" 35.2 lbs bled. (yeah bob not 44" no tape on board tried to measure with rope. Had bruce measure and weigh for me.) Fished Upper bay from 11:00-3:00. Fresh Bunker. Set up in 18ft of water and was going to stay until the tide turned. The grass was so bad I had to move. Set up in 12 ft of water very light outgoing to slack and my rod goes off. Reach for the net in cuddy Embarassed and its caught in one of the rods. Fight to get the rod and net out and a jig head gets caught in the net from another rod. The whole time the fish is just keeping steady pressure. Finally get net free and start fighting fish. It gets close to boat and zzzzzzzzzzzzing! Big fish on. Got it close to the boat 5 times and everytime he's take a run at my motor and switch sides of the boat. Was able to clear one rod and I'm still working around the other. I bought a gaff but never used it. It finally gets close enough and I get em right under the chin and up into the boat. cheers
[img][/img]

Getting my arse kicked by the wind and the bay and thought I could leave and be happy but would really like to say I got a limit. Start cleaning up bait board and other rod goes off. Almost the same fight because now there is current and the fish is using it. Go to gaff it and catch it in the body and the fish is flipping all over the place. I almost lose my gaff because I let go of the gaff and reach down and bear hugged it and threw it on the deck. 42in 26lb

6th trip in 8 days and almost didn't go after getting skunked yesterday but it looked Stripery out today Glad to see you at the dock Rob (rplunger) been out with two new people in this stretch and it was my two skunks. The other 4 trips I caught.

lagerhelps

Number of posts : 55

Back to top Go down

Re: Upper Bay 12 and 13

Post  stevel on 5/14/2011, 12:37 pm

way to fish them up....great day out on the water....

WHAT TIME IS DINNER.... lol! lol!
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5197

Back to top Go down

Post  JayDizzle on 5/14/2011, 12:46 pm

Nice trip and writeup. Some quality fish and a new personal best. Congrats.
JayDizzle

Number of posts : 366

http://www.facebook.com/decarlojason

Back to top Go down

Post  Fish Hawk on 5/17/2011, 5:53 pm

Nice fish there tom! And again congrats on your personal best. It best to think outside of the fleet and "barn" cheers
Fish Hawk

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top