Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Angler Of The Month.... June

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Angler Of The Month.... June

Post  smitty on 5/13/2011, 10:24 pm

Post a picture of your recent catch of a striped bass/blue/fluke/flounder or what ever fish it might be tell us a little about the catch like size how it was taken plug or bait and any other details you want to share about your catch "no spot burning please" and let us choose you to be the angler of the month ..

smitty

Number of posts : 4699

http://stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Angler Of The Month.... June

Post  L3gend Angler on 5/14/2011, 10:45 pm

Caught on the James Joseph II out of Huntington today by me. I got it on one of my handtied teasers. Here is the short tale. I opened a pepsi and drank it with one hand and had my rod in the other. Then I get a slam and I thought to myself, "URG a Bluefish". I held the rod with one hand knelt down really quick and put my Pepsi on the bench and as I reeled up with my ultra light spinning rod with drag coming out I got this nice 23" Fluke. My first keeper of the season. It was taken on a Olive and White hand tied teaser with a spearing on the hook. Thank you for the chance to be the angler of the month!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
L3gend Angler
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 546

http://flyz.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tsm3404 on 5/14/2011, 11:41 pm

Well I will throw some pictures in I had a 4 great night using plugs and swim shads landed 23 bass smallest was 30 inches and largest was 43 inches not sure on weight fish was released along with 4 others that night that broke 40.
tsm3404

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post  handyman on 5/15/2011, 9:00 am

nice fish guys...............i see smitty got his hands full picking a winner.............this should be a great thread.......... and a great idea..........now if i only can catch some fish

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty on 5/15/2011, 11:32 am

wow some nice fish already cool...

As far as a winner chosen its going to be decided by everyone who wants to vote I'm just the middleman so vote ....
Guys you can vote more then one time for other members example 3 guys post a picture you think is good and should be in the running post a vote for all 3..

Thanks guys enjoy and good luck..

smitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldsalts on 5/16/2011, 10:20 pm

My vote go's to Large Johns 49 inch 47.lb Bass caught off IBSP ... Nice catch my friend...!!!

Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smitty on 5/16/2011, 10:24 pm

Oldsalts wrote:My vote go's to Large Johns 49 inch 47.lb Bass caught off IBSP ... Nice catch my friend...!!!

wow nice catch John congrats you also get a vote from me....

smitty

Back to top Go down

Post  naspinsz on 5/16/2011, 10:39 pm

mooooooo! nice fish! if it was on a plug--it get's my vote!
naspinsz

Number of posts : 514

Back to top Go down

Post  Large John on 5/17/2011, 9:28 pm

Thanks guys If I ever get the photos unloaded from my phone Ill throw them up here for ya....but here's the story...

Left home in PA on Wed the 11th at 7pm arriving in SSP at around 1030pm. Finally got out on the sand at aboount 11. Cast one rod out and before the second bait hit the water the current and WEEDS had the first one on the beach. Tried again with a shorter cast...same result.
Packed up and drove to the inlet. Threw bucktails and lures for another hour and a half nada.
Packed up and moved off the beach to nap.
Got up at 445 and hit the inlet.
Cocktail Blues were in order for several hours...two hours of every other cast hook ups and a steady pick other wise until about 1030-1100. Started BSing with some folks til about noon before I moved up the beach.
Saw some Gannets diving on Bunker just outside the bar and pulled in. Threw a chunk way out and a snot ball in close.....instant weed ball on the way out chunk that carried into the shorter cast. Untangled the mess and flipped the chunk back out in the trough.
Walked back to the truck to get my sunglasses and maybe a bite to eat........
As I am opening my sunglass case I see thru the window the big rod is doubled over and the drag is screaming...I ran out and picked up the line didnt even pause when i came tight to the fish ....just kept pulling til it was out over the far bar and inthe strong current.
The fish ran south almost to the next walkover before it stopped. Now the game was on gaining a little on every incomming wave and trying to keep it to the next one.
Finally got it over the bar and back in close. Several minutes later I finally saw it in the wash....knew it was big when i hooked up but DAMN...... wow wow
Weeds jamed up my eyelet on the shock knot kept me from locking down on it so when the next wave went out the fish hit the sand and I grabbed ahold.
As soon as I picked up the fish I thought forsure 50. I was spent but somehow managed to carry the monster to my truck...taped at 49inches and a friend stopped by with his boga at 48lbs.
Lost a little in drying til I hit a scale off the beach. 47.25lbs personal best by 12 plus lbs
I was spent but managed to get a picture off to my wife and a few friends.......I did finally manage to get two rods back out. This time both with bunker and in close....neither was in for 5 minutes before one wnet down again...as I picked that up the other went off too.
Thank god a friend was coming up and grabbed that one. A 14lber and 10lber came out of those two. A steady pick prevailed til the tide was in....I never did get my glasses or my lunch but I trade them anytime for a fish like that cheers
Large John

Number of posts : 82

Back to top Go down

Post  Lbifisherman429 on 5/17/2011, 9:50 pm

L3gend Angler wrote:Caught on the James Joseph II out of Huntington today by me. I got it on one of my handtied teasers. Here is the short tale. I opened a pepsi and drank it with one hand and had my rod in the other. Then I get a slam and I thought to myself, "URG a Bluefish". I held the rod with one hand knelt down really quick and put my Pepsi on the bench and as I reeled up with my ultra light spinning rod with drag coming out I got this nice 23" Fluke. My first keeper of the season. It was taken on a Olive and White hand tied teaser with a spearing on the hook. Thank you for the chance to be the angler of the month!

My vote goes to zach

Lbifisherman429
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 391

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 on 5/17/2011, 11:33 pm

23inch 8-10lbs

just caught this this 25inch bass on 5/31

Last edited by rocstar21 on 5/31/2011, 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
rocstar21

Number of posts : 2971

Back to top Go down

Post  Murphthesurf on 5/18/2011, 1:35 pm

rocstar21 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

23inch 8-10lbs

Holy Smokes Rock. Thats a nice Largemouth!!!

My vote goes to Rocstar.. My decision is not solely based on this fish but the wide array of species you catch.. You are a well rounded angler for sure..
Murphthesurf
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1567

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 on 5/18/2011, 2:12 pm

Murphthesurf wrote:

23inch 8-10lbs

Holy Smokes Rock. Thats a nice Largemouth!!!

My vote goes to Rocstar.. My decision is not solely based on this fish but the wide array of species you catch.. You are a well rounded angler for sure..

wow john, thanx for the kind words
rocstar21

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel on 5/18/2011, 3:05 pm

23inch 8-10lbs

My vote goes to roc also....you are an amazing angler both in Fresh water and in salt.... :king:

You are always getting into fish...Deep sea fishing....surf...lake....in shore....you got the MOJO KID....

You have caught so many different species of fish time after time...love seeing and reading your posts.... cool
KEEP THEM COMMING ROC....you are an amazing angler....
stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5197

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 on 5/18/2011, 3:32 pm

stevel wrote:

23inch 8-10lbs

My vote goes to roc also....you are an amazing angler both in Fresh water and in salt.... :king:

You are always getting into fish...Deep sea fishing....surf...lake....in shore....you got the MOJO KID....

You have caught so many different species of fish time after time...love seeing and reading your posts.... cool
KEEP THEM COMMING ROC....you are an amazing angler....

thank you Unk, means alot! cheers
rocstar21

Back to top Go down

L3gend Angler

Post  capeslayer27 on 5/18/2011, 5:32 pm

My vote goes to zach! L3gend Angler NIce doormat buddy!
capeslayer27

Number of posts : 6

Back to top Go down

Post  fishing75 on 5/21/2011, 8:43 am

My vote goes to steve. He slayed the bass last week when i met him. 14 in one day to 40lbs! Awesome fishing

fishing75

Number of posts : 597

Back to top Go down

Post  stevel on 5/21/2011, 9:57 am

fishing75 wrote:My vote goes to steve. He slayed the bass last week when i met him. 14 in one day to 40lbs! Awesome fishing

THANKS EVAN FOR THE VOTE...THAT WAS AN AWESOME DAY...ALL ON PLUGS... fishing
quote="stevel"]Hit the surf with the fishing machine himself...JFP..tech...todd...man o man what a slaughter fest bass all over 20lb to 40lb... wow wow

amazing day to say the least ...I have never seen so much huge bass caught in my entire life..I had 14 bass..
got to meet evan also today....what an amazing day.....INSANE .....thanks guys..

my 28lb caught on a tech swimmer

stevel
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 5197

Back to top Go down

Post  snipemaster5 on 5/21/2011, 10:41 am

I dont have any picks but caught stripers every cast down nj i murderd them each waas any where from 15 to biggest 20 :) all together caught 5
snipemaster5

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post  snipemaster5 on 5/21/2011, 10:41 am

I vote for ROC
snipemaster5

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post  handyman on 5/22/2011, 11:21 am

man this is gona be a tuff one

handyman
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1353

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 on 6/3/2011, 8:58 am

popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn popcorn
rocstar21

Back to top Go down

Post  dozer 277 on 6/3/2011, 11:09 am

i think its rigged LOL, seriously roc gets my vote also as he is fishing all different venues and also dealing with a young child. he finds the time for all that he not only gets my vote but he's my hero. (sorry steve but you never called me to go with you on your banner day so JK )

dozer 277

Number of posts : 729

Back to top Go down

Post  rocstar21 on 6/3/2011, 3:14 pm

[quote="dozer 277"]i think its rigged LOL, seriously roc gets my vote also as he is fishing all different venues and also dealing with a young child. he finds the time for all that he not only gets my vote but he's my hero. (sorry steve but you never called me to go with you on your banner day so JK )[/qu LMAO DOZER, thanks!
rocstar21

Back to top Go down

Post  FJR on 6/4/2011, 9:26 am

I'm voting for Roc also !!!! A 25" largemouth is a special fish in my book !!!!!
FJR
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top