Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Lets talk Security

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lets talk Security

Post  jfv1 on 3/19/2009, 10:54 am

Guys and Girls, with all the bad news we have had read this week with people getting ripped off, How do some of you keep your rod and reels secured wile traveling?, do you use locks on cooler racks, or roof racks?. I have an suv, when i travel light all my things go inside keep it locked windows closed alarm on, but when we travel with 3 or 4 guys rod rack on the back we usually break down what we wont use lock it up inside and venture off. lets hear it, i know some of you are very intelligent and have some ingenious ways to keep your stuff locked up.

jfv1

Number of posts : 74

Back to top Go down

Re: Lets talk Security

Post  Guest on 3/19/2009, 10:57 pm

I am gonna have some heavy duty nipple rings installed and lock my new VS to them ...

Lock up everything . dont show you good stuff

If you need to travel then put a beater on and change back at the shore

Be carefull and smart

Mike

Back to top Go down

Post  REDBASS on 3/20/2009, 12:35 am

WHEN I TRAVEL OUT TOO THE END. I USE 2 RODS.WHICH ARE 2 PEICE. KEEP RELLS IN THE BAG.PLUG BAGS STAYIN THE TRUNK. WHEN DONE FOR THEDAY ALL TACKLE/RODS/REELS ARE PUT IN THE ROOM. KEEP IT CLOSE AS POSIBLE. SO FAR I HAVE NOT LOST ANYTHING .

REDBASS
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 2131

http://WWW.STRIPEDBASSOBSESSION.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie G. on 3/20/2009, 6:52 am

I've been very lucky so far. Nothing ever stolen. When traveling my 11ft and over rods go in a locked ski rack on the roof of my Tahoe. Everything else inside A year ago I bought a used Truck Vault drawer system for $100. , best money I've ever spent. All plugs and plug bags and other goodies are hidden in a 9inch high drawer that you would never know is in the rear of the suv. When I fish the rods are in the cooler rack which I never take my eye off of for long. Plus I made a 10ft cabe out of 1/8 inch rubber coated stainless cable with crimped ends that I run thru the reel feet or bail wirers and the rod eyes then lock it to the cooler rack. It all has worked so far.

Charlie G.

Number of posts : 1649

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top