Striped Bass Obsession
Only members can access the forums so please join us become a member.....

Airing Up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Airing Up

Post  Trouble on 3/15/2009, 5:29 pm

How do you guys air up? Over the years I've just drove slowly until I reach the nearest service station. Does anyone use a 12 volt pump that doesn't take an hour to fill 4 tires?
Thanks

Trouble

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Re: Airing Up

Post  Oldsalts on 3/15/2009, 7:17 pm

Trouble wrote:How do you guys air up? Over the years I've just drove slowly until I reach the nearest service station. Does anyone use a 12 volt pump that doesn't take an hour to fill 4 tires?
Thanks

Hey Trouble

We bought a 12volt pump from Costco's a pretty good one for like 45 bucks ...

I got that just in case we had problems on the sand.

I fish IBSP N,J, and they have air up stations and driving on low pressure at slow speeds and not far you should be OK ..

I read that a Lot of guys are going to CO2 tanks i am going to look in to that my self

Hope this help you out and good luck
Oldsalts

Number of posts : 2037

http://www.Smittyplugs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Fishtale on 3/15/2009, 10:33 pm

I use a Campbel Housfeld battery pump, takes about 2 min per tire to go from 20 to 32 psi. I can get two trips per charge. You can charge it in the house or from the truck battery. Freind of mine picked up a hard wire 12v pump from Pep Boys. It small and red (can't remember name) this thing rocks for the price $50. Filled my tire from 20 to 32 in 1 min....
Fishtale

Number of posts : 432

Back to top Go down

Post  joesnextoy on 3/16/2009, 2:17 am

hey trouble the one from pepboys is great i got 31" tires and it fills them rather quickly

i strongly recommand and it comes with medium sized alligator clips to clip right onto the battery
joesnextoy

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  126andy on 3/30/2009, 12:02 am

I'm going with CO2 this year mainly because I don't have 40 minutes (10 min a tire) to wait to fill tires after I get off the beach. I'm also going to bring along the air rachet and an air jack.
126andy
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER
S.B.O DONATING MEMBER

Number of posts : 711

http://afteryoufishing.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke on 4/6/2009, 6:54 pm

126andy wrote:I'm going with CO2 this year mainly because I don't have 40 minutes (10 min a tire) to wait to fill tires after I get off the beach. I'm also going to bring along the air rachet and an air jack.
Andy,i agree with the CO2 is the way to go,for me when aired down i just go slow to the nearest air up station.
Smoke

Number of posts : 4877

http://www.stripedbassobsession.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top